Friday, September 24, 2010

A week of surprises

Happy Birthday to Tim!
September 15th was Tim's 25th birthday - he likes to tease me by
saying that he's sooo old knowing full well that I am 2 years older than him...
haha...ha.
So 2 weeks before his birthday, I ordered him a weed whacker (very sentimental gift).
When it was delivered Tim was at home working. I was crossing my fingers that it would be in some generic box and it wouldn't say what it was. Right on the box, in bold letters: BRUSH CUTTER
Shoot. So I try to hide it and he faked that he didn't know exactly what it was. So I got the idea to still surprise him by putting a pair of my skis in the box instead.
Here is the result:

Joshua couldn't believe it.
I pulled out his real present, and he was relieved that I wasn't going to make him learn how to ski since he's a die hard boarder. Maybe next year darlin'.
Complete with protective goggles this man's ready to whack some weeds.
We ended the night with BJs dinner and yummy pazookie...mmmm...so good.
Tim's birthday was sandwiched by 2 other birthdays. Julia Lucille Plumb was born to Riley and Kristen and is a darling little girl though I don't have pictures yet. I'm so excited for them to be moving down here in a week so we can see them and hang out.
The day after Tim's big day was Warren Rockwood Solano's big day. Born to my sister Emily and Brock, his 3 older sisters are so happy to have a little one of their own to hold.

Joshua is looking forward to romping around with his cousin.
I told Tim earlier in the week that we were having a get together for his birthday with our families on Sunday. Then later, I told him that Kim volunteered to watch Joshua on Saturday so we could go to the temple. Little did he know, I am one sly girl and had another surprise up my sleeve.
When we got there to drop off Joshua, Tim saw his dad's car across the street. He got all excited that his dad might be close by working and that we'd get to see him before we went to the temple. I told him that he could call his dad and see where he was at when we got inside. Inside, his dad and sister and my parents were all waiting to jump out and yell surprise. He didn't suspect a thing. It was pretty awesome!


I had my own surprise when I realized that the lettuce I had so secretly chopped up for the taco salad was still in my fridge at home. I'd remembered everything - even a change of clothes for me and Tim but the key ingredient to dinner was at home. Fortunately, Kim and Spencer had some to spare.
The L isn't for Loser. It's for lettuce...that's what Spencer said anyway.
My mom made 3 different delicious cream pies.

Tim had to concentrate hard before he attempted to blow them all out. There were so many candles since he is "so old".

Spencer in Eric's death grip. He was able to escape...barely.
Melanie would smile but would stop right when I took the picture. This is the best I got.

Tim got some great presents from our nieces and nephews too.
Daniel gave Tim a cool rock to add to his rock collection. After everyone left, Daniel asked me what were "those things" on Joshua's arms. Ummm...they're called fat rolls, Daniel. Fortunately, Joshua is comfortable with who he is and wasn't bothered by such questions.

1 comment: