Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Oh the Places You'll Goest

I was Camp Director for Girls Camp in my ward. It was pretty stressful planning it with a new baby but I had a ton of help from my amazing assistant Debbie. The girls came up with the theme, "Oh the Places You'll Goest" mixing Dr. Seuss with the Mutual Theme for this year: Joshua 1:9. The girls had a really good time and Joshua and I even made it up there for the Testimony meeting on the last night. To go along with the theme I wrote a poem with a Dr. Seuss twist to it and Debbie made a bookmark to hand out to the girls. So here's my poem:

Oh the Places You'll Goest

Oh the Places You'll Goest!
From the highest of high to the lowest of lowest.
There are so many paths with which you can take
And even more decisions that you have to make.
There is good there is bad,
There are fashions and fads.
There is happy-go-lucky
and then there is sad.

So what will you choose?
Now what will you choose?
You better be wise or else you will lose.
Will you go to the left?
Or go to the right?
Whatever you do, keep your ending in sight.

Remember who you are and that you're never alone,
For you are loved by One Who sits on a throne.
His is the Way from Him do not stray
Follow His lead from here to Bombay.
Through the Spirit, He'll comfort, He'll lead you, and guide.
Through prayer and His Word, you'll stay by His side.
Be faithful, be sure, and never forget,
Your prayers will be answered One-hundred and seven percent.

And then, Oh to the temple you'll go!
The House of God, a House of Prayer,
It's such a place that you won't find just anywhere.
There are things to learn and covenants to keep,
As you strive to be a light as one of Christ's sheep.
So be strong and courageous, be valiant and true.
No one, no no-one, can do it like you!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Becca I LOVE the poem. I hope you don't mind me sharing it with another friend who also loves Dr. Seuss. I'm sure you had fun up there and I'm sure the girls LOVED having you as director. Great job!

    PS-Don't forget to update my link. It's waterbirdfamily.blogspot.com now. :)

    ReplyDelete